[Pmwiki-users] Some WikiText formatting issues

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun May 4 17:44:16 CDT 2003

Is % as in %text% used in a wiki for comments or is there another purpose?

I didn't seen this mentioned in the documentation.

Some pages are not displaying properly in my browser.  The php seems to be
rendering the HTML oddly which most browsers correct for, but mine is not,
apparently (Safari (by Apple), the section renders correctly in Internet
Explorer for OSX) -- perhaps it is because when using a <p> to render a
paragraph, technically the paragraph should have a final </p> tag.  Most
browsers forgive this oversight but mine may not be.

The page in question is
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/CustomHeadersAndFooters

I'm also sending a bug report for Safari.

One problem I see in the HTML other than the <p>...</p> possibility is
things like <pre>...</pre>.  An entire section is rendered incorrectly into
HTML:

Wikisource:
For example, if you wanted to add a new cascading stylesheet definition to
the <HEAD> section of the HTML output, you can do it by adding the following
to @@local.php@@:
    [=$HTMLHeaderFmt=] .= "<style type='text/css'> .redtext { color:red; }

For...

HTMLsource:
<P>For example, if you wanted to add a new cascading stylesheet definition
to the &lt;HEAD&gt; section of the HTML output, you can do it by adding the
following to <code>local.php</code>:
<PRE >    $HTMLHeaderFmt .= "&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; .redtext {
color:red; } &lt;/style&gt;";

</PRE>For...

I think the best HTML rendering of this would be:
to the &lt;HEAD&gt; section of the HTML output, you can do it by adding the
<pre>$HTMLHeaderFmt</pre> .= "&lt;style type='text/css'&gt; .redtext {
color:red; } &lt;/style&gt;";</p>

This would start to bring this up to transitional xhtml standards...if
that's desirable.

Crisses