[Pmwiki-users] preview feature ideas

Bernhard Weichel in pmwiki-users pmwiki-users at b-weichel.2in.de
Sat May 3 07:57:37 CDT 2003

Patrick Michaud wrote

>1.  Where should the preview be displayed?
>2.  How faithful does the preview version need to be to the final output?

>Personally I like the suggestion that a preview version of the page
>be displayed beneath just below the EditQuickReference material that

I agree. You can play in the sandbox of moinmoin to see that approach:
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/WikiSandBox

What they do is:
 * Display the edited part of the page under the EditQuickReference material
 * add a background image that displays "Draft"

I think for the next step this is enough. It is not a matter to preview the
entire
page but to preview being changed.

I am doing experiments with customized headers and footers which themselves
refer to
wikiPages. My statement is, that all customization must be such that all
wiki pages
fit into a <div> element in HTML. Then no accident should happen.

-B