[Pmwiki-users] Macroned vowels

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu May 1 17:34:01 CDT 2003

morphic resonance strikes again http://skepdic.com/morphicres.html
--=20
John Rankin

On Friday, 2 May 2003 10:20 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> =
wrote:
On 2 May 2003, John Rankin wrote:

> I have a requirement to support long vowels as used in te reo Maori.=20
> Would it be possible to change the inline replacements that looks for=20
> HTML entities to include '#?' at the start. Then people can type=20
> &#256; to get Amacron, &#257; to get amacron and so on. I have=20
> tested it and it works. (Those of us running Mac OS X just use the=20
> Hawaiian keyboard :)

Sorry, you're too late.  :-)  I already added numbered entity support in
pmwiki-0.4.22. Rather than add the #? at the start, I just changed it
to be "/&amp;([A-Za-z0-9]+;|#\d+;)/" =3D> "&\$1"

I should probably change it to include hexadecimal numbered entities--but
I'll wait and do that another time.  There's some reason why I decided
against just putting '#?' at the start, but I forget what it is now...