[Pmwiki-users] enhanced search?

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Thu May 1 09:32:44 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 04:23:33AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I now have an experimental version of an enhanced search capability
> running on pmichaud.com at
>    http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Experimental/EnhancedSearch
>
> All are welcome to try it out, find bugs, make suggestions, etc.
> If it seems stable enough I'll replace the existing primitive search
> with the enhanced one in an upcoming release.

Ueber-cool.  Here's a search I tried to perform but couldn't figure
out how to make it work:  I want all pages in the pmwiki group that
link to the HomePage page in the Main group.

At first that seems simple, but we have two syntaxes referencing a
page within a group and I wanted to find occurences of both.

Search				Result
pmwiki/main/homepage		PmWiki.FreeLinks
pmwiki/main.homepage		PmWiki.CreatingNewPages, PmWiki.TipsForEditing

How do I get the union of those search results?

"pmwiki/main/homepage main.homepage" gives 0 results as does
"pmwiki/main/homepage pmwiki/main.homepage"

And maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to search for
"{{free links}}" and turn up anything useful.

So ... are these edge cases or conscious design choices?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at cbi.tamucc.edu