[Pmwiki-users] GroupHeader

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Mar 5 08:55:06 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:34:42AM -0600, Louis Katz wrote:
> I must be missing something simple. I keep trying to use a GroupHeader
> page to prepend some html to my pages. I suspect that what I am not
> doing is obvious to those with more programming experience and probably
> others also.

AFAIK, a GroupHeader is just another wiki page.  So ...

> Here are some questions/assumptions I have made.
> 1. The page I need to use for a group called New should be called
> New.GroupHeader .

true.

> 2. It needs to be stored in the Wiki.d directory, not the Wikilib.d

false.

> 3. It does not need the <? , ?> tags.

Um, true but not relevant, there are no <? ... ?> tags in pmwiki.

> 4. It does not necessarily need any html to show up.

Um ... it's a wiki page, so HTML isn't relevant.

I think if you want some boiler-plate HTML for your header, you have
to muck with the $GroupHeaderFmt variable in your local.php (or if
you've created per-group localizations using scripts/pgcust.php you
should modify $GroupHeaderFmt in local/GroupName.php)

> I  concurrently apologize for missing something that is probably
> simple, and thank you for your help.

Hey, if it's simple and you're missing it, maybe it isn't documented
well enough.  :-)

> Also on the me helping others side I have put together a bit of help
> for getting Wiki up and running on a Mac for new Mac OS X users who are
> UNIX novices:
> http://www.tamucc.edu/~lkatz/w/pmwiki.php/Main/MacUNIXnovices.  Its
> still rough around the edges.

Cool.