[Pmwiki-users] Page preview can now be implemented rather easy

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 17 20:31:07 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:10:07PM +1200, John Rankin wrote:

> So I think preview needs to:
> - display all body content, including any [[include: text
> - list any directives (noheader, nogroupheader, etc) perhaps as an unordered list
> - make it obvious that it's a preview (the script I made puts "Edit Group.Page" or "Preview Group.Page" as an <h1>)

Does your preview appear in the same window as the edit box, or is
it appearing in a separate window?

Unfortunately the "include / not include" rules are starting to sound
real ad-hocish to me.  I'm not sure I can explain it all clearly to
someone who isn't familiar with the details.  ("Well, include: directives
are handled in a preview, but GroupHeaders are not even though they are
normally handled after include: directives when browsed, and any WikiStyle
definitions you put in a GroupHeader won't show up in your preview,
but they will if you referenced them via an include:, and ... ")