[Pmwiki-users] Search results page does not validate as xhtml

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 16 22:10:08 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 02:37:51PM +0100, Edward Andrews wrote:
> Is this as easy to fix as the upload page?

Yup, fixed in pmwiki-0.5.3.  Thanks again for finding this.  I really
haven't had a good opportunity to check every script and page for valid
XHTML output and I wish I had a good automated way of doing that.
In the meantime, I'm just fixing XHTML errors as I find them or they're
pointed out to me.

> Also the search page results takes the standard page header and footer,
> instead of the modified ones in local.php.

I'm guessing you're referring to the fact that the search results
page doesn't use $PageHeaderFmt and $PageFooterFmt.  This is by design,
because the search results page isn't really a wiki page and so some
things that appear in the headers and footers ("Edit Page") might not
make sense for the results page.  It's only since pmwiki-0.4.23
that the search results page has been associated with wiki page names--
it used to be just .../pmwiki/pmwiki.php?action=search&text=... .

However, I think you can redefine the search output to use the modified
headers in local.php...just do (in local.php)

    $PageSearchFmt = array(&$PageHeaderFmt,
      &$PageFooterFmt);

and the search results should use the appropriate headers/footers.  Let
me know if this works, and if so I can add it to the cookbook.