[Pmwiki-users] IncludeAble hack needs help

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 14 09:35:41 CDT 2003

Hmm.  IncludeAble is good, but a simpler approach that avoids setting
all of the variables might be to simply do

  <?php
    $HandleBrowseFmt = array('function:PrintText');
  ?>

in the local.php file.  This turns off all of PmWiki's HTTP headers,
HTML headers, footers, etc., and just leaves the wiki content.  You can
then do

  <?php $pagename='Main.HomePage'; include("pmwiki.php"); ?>

from another php file and PmWiki will only output the text.

Also, rather than having wiki.d symlinked, it might be a good idea to
do

  <?php
    $cwd = getcwd(); chdir("path/to/pmwiki");  # change to pmwiki dir
    include("pmwiki.php");                     # run pmwiki.php
    chdir($cwd);                               # return back
  ?>

This also resolves problems with pmwiki locating things in the scripts and
local subdirectories.

All of this can be done w/o having to modify pmwiki.php itself (I think).

I have no idea what will be involved in having the edit or other functions
embedded in another page.  I'd suggest setting $HTMLStartFmt and $HTMLEndFmt
to be empty--this will get rid of the HTTP headers, doctype, etc.  See
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/PageLayout for more details.

And if enough people want this feature, rather than trying to document
kludges around PmWiki, what would make it straightforward?  I.e., how
do you *wish* it would work?

Pm