[Pmwiki-users] I'm not sure I understand Wiki paths

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 09:07:31 CDT 2003

If you're running Apache 2.0.x, be sure to add

    AcceptPathInfo On

to the .htaccess file somewhere.  (See step #4 in
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Installation.)

If you've already done this and it still doesn't work, let me know.

> I just installed Wiki 0.4.22 on apache 2.0.43 and php 4.3.0. Now, when
> requesting http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage, apache
> returns: "The page cannot be found"
> As far as I understand urls, if I werte apache I would look for a
> file named HomePage in a directory named pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.
> there is no such file.

Actually, it's different than this.  According to the CGI 1.1 specification
(used for web scripts) the URL
http://localhost/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
should execute the program at pmwiki/pmwiki.php and pass "/Main/HomePage"
in the PATH_INFO environment variable.  Unfortunately, Apache 2.0 doesn't
honor this part of the CGI specification unless the AcceptPathInfo directive
is set to "On" (it's set to "Off" by default, in violation of the CGI
spec).