[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki localization ?

Carlo Strozzi carlos
Thu Jul 31 14:02:42 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:33:51PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Okay, I've made the modifications--take a look and see if you see anything
> that needs changing.
>    http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/LanguageIt
>
> I'll package up the corresponding files and make them available for
> download via the Cookbook a bit later today.

Fine. I think I'm done. If there is anything else that
I should do just let me know. I have also translated:

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiIt/EditQuickReference
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWikiIt/Cerca

One concern regarding the time-format. A Wiki, like most other web
applications, can be used by users from every part of the World, and I
was wondering whether using local-time for time-stamps is a good idea.
Provided that PHP is able to do that, I would modify the italian time
format from "%d/%m/%Y, ore %H:%M" into "%d/%m/%Y, ore %H:%M%z", that is
with the time-zone appended. With GNU date(1) that is:

$ date +'%d/%m/%Y, ore %H:%M%z'
31/07/2003, ore 21:22+0200

I would suggest that the same be done in all other languages.
I'm copying the list, as I think others may want to comment on this.

Carlo
--
For best reading please set the Courier font.
Freedom for Business: http://swpat.ffii.org