[Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 17 07:47:19 CDT 2003

Another possibility:  Have a markup sequence that indicates that
linebreaks are to be honored up through the next paragraph or
block-level formatting element.  I'll use [] in the example below,
even though that's probably not the best choice...

    [] some things we know we know,
    some things we know we don't know,
    some things we wish we didn't know.

    some things we know we know,
    some things we know we don't know,
    some things we wish we didn't know.

resulting in

    some things we know we know,
    some things we know we don't know,
    some things we wish we didn't know.

    some things we know we know, some things we know we
    don't know, some things we wish we didn't know.

We could require that [] be at the beginning of the line in order to
have this effect, or we could allow it to occur anywhere within a line.

Since [] might not be a good markup for this, how about [>>]?  1/2 :-)