[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.5.7 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 11 23:53:37 CDT 2003

I've just released pmwiki-0.5.7.  I don't normally announce every
minor version release that occurs, but this release contains a number
of requested improvements and features so I thought I'd briefly
describe them for the list.

* %comment% WikiStyle -- 0.5.7 introduces the %comment% WikiStyle which
  allows text to be included in the edited markup that is not rendered
  on output.

* Passwords can be set to "nopass" to indicate that no password is
  required for a page even though a password is required for a group
  or in $DefaultPasswords.  For example, one might wish to
  password-protect the Main group by a group password, but leave
  the WikiSandbox editable without a password.  The "nopass" feature
  allows this to happen.

* PmWiki makes use of the Unix diff(1) and patch(1) commands to build
  and maintain page revision histories.  By default PmWiki expects these
  programs to exist in /usr/bin, but on some systems the programs may be
  located in different directories.  The $SysDiffCmd and $SysPatchCmd
  configuration variables allow the wiki administrator to specify the
  correct location for these commands.

* The variable $EnableUploadOverwrite can be set to zero to disallow
  uploads from overwriting files of the same name.

* The permissions on uploaded files are now explicitly set based
  on the value of the $UploadPerms variable.  The default value of
  $UploadPerms (set by upload.php) depends on the umask() in effect
  script is run.

As always, comments, suggestions, and feedback are welcome!