[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki-0.5.7 released
Patrick R. Michaud
pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 11 23:53:37 CDT 2003
I've just released pmwiki-0.5.7. I don't normally announce every
minor version release that occurs, but this release contains a number
of requested improvements and features so I thought I'd briefly
describe them for the list.
* %comment% WikiStyle -- 0.5.7 introduces the %comment% WikiStyle which
allows text to be included in the edited markup that is not rendered
* Passwords can be set to "nopass" to indicate that no password is
required for a page even though a password is required for a group
or in $DefaultPasswords. For example, one might wish to
password-protect the Main group by a group password, but leave
the WikiSandbox editable without a password. The "nopass" feature
allows this to happen.
* PmWiki makes use of the Unix diff(1) and patch(1) commands to build
and maintain page revision histories. By default PmWiki expects these
programs to exist in /usr/bin, but on some systems the programs may be
located in different directories. The $SysDiffCmd and $SysPatchCmd
configuration variables allow the wiki administrator to specify the
correct location for these commands.
* The variable $EnableUploadOverwrite can be set to zero to disallow
uploads from overwriting files of the same name.
* The permissions on uploaded files are now explicitly set based
on the value of the $UploadPerms variable. The default value of
$UploadPerms (set by upload.php) depends on the umask() in effect
script is run.
As always, comments, suggestions, and feedback are welcome!
More information about the pmwiki-users