[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki WikiStyles implementation testers needed

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Fri Feb 14 11:30:17 CST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:12:44AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Some possible solutions:
>   * Require everything in a WikiStyle to be in the form [name]=[value].
>     Then %=red% would mean to use the previous WikiStyle that had "define=red"
>     in it.
>   * Require that the first character following the leading % in a WikiStyle
>     be a letter.  This would eliminate the mis-classifications that occur in

I like this one.

>   * Other ideas?

Change the markup such that the WikiStyle is delimited by unlikely
digraphs.  For instance,  %%define=foo color=red%% %%foo%%.  How often
do you see 2 consecutive percent signs?  Or, since that makes the
end-of-style icky (%%%%), just make the prefix a digraph:

	%^define=foo color=red%
	%^red%This text is red red red %^%

You still might have a problem with premature WikiStyle termination
though.

> One possible benefit of the WikiStyle implementation I thought of (based
> on Scott's experiments) is that some people have asked for the ability
> to include comments in the markup that do not render on output.
> I could easily add a "comment" WikiStyle such that
>
>    This is %comment% an undisplayed comment and %% some text.
>
> would render as
>
>    This is some text.

And that would be very nice indeed.

-Scott