[Pmwiki-users] Invalid URI created by ThisGroup:

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 22 11:53:02 CST 2003

Hmm, let me try answering this again--my previous message got garbled
somehow.

The ThisGroup: directive was added before PmWiki had support for ?pagename=
style URIs.  Unfortunately the mechanism PmWiki uses to translate
pathinfo-style URIs into ?pagename= ones wants to have the full group and
page name available to do the translation, which isn't the case for ThisGroup's
translation via the InterMap code.

There's probably a fix available by redesigning how ThisWiki and friends
do their translations--they can be done via the LinkPatterns array instead
of the InterMap one--but that's probably going to wait for a future version
and after I've finalized whatever is going to happen with ?pagename= style
links.

To repeat my earlier message, this would all be a whole lot easier if the
httpd and PHP folks would honor the details of the CGI 1.1 specification,
or else provide us a new specification that correctly documents how
things actually work.

Pm