[Pmwiki-users] Reasonably urgent question

bjc98@hampshire.edu bjc98
Mon Dec 22 11:18:56 CST 2003

when i try to access my wiki, which has been up and running with absolutely no
problems for nearly a month i get the following message:

Warning: fopen("wiki.d/.flock", "w") - Permission denied in
/home/bjc98/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 539
PmWiki can't process your request

Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

http://www.pmichaud.com/ref/PmWiki/Lockfile

<<

i have not done anything on my server (changing files, permissions, etc.) for at
least a week, i have only edited pages using the wiki interface.

i have seen someone post a similar error message:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 0 is not
allowed to access wiki.d/.flock owned by uid 48 in
/var/www/web1/html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 539

Warning: fopen("wiki.d/.flock", "w") - Success in
/var/www/web1/html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 539

PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

http://www.pmichaud.com/ref/PmWiki/Lockfile

<<

but the one i'm getting doesn't say anything about safe mode, and unlike this
person, i have not changed my server settings in any way (though it is possible
that the sysop did).

no one has offered any suggestions to the other person, so i am afraid that
maybe no one has any ideas-- but if someone does, any help would be most
appreciated.  i know it is kind of self-important to ask-- there's really no
reason my problem is more important than anyone else's-- but a timely response
would be nice if possible: i am using the wiki as part of my thesis, which is
due in ~2 weeks!

-brendan colloran