[Pmwiki-users] page revisions: alternative "merged" view?

Fabio Reis Cecin frcecin
Tue Dec 16 09:13:21 CST 2003

Hi folks. Just a random tought:

My wiki's front page got "vandalized" today, and, as I went to
restore it, while it took me no more than 20 seconds to do so, I
was wondering: wouldn't it be useful to have a "restore page" view
that shows the full state of the last few past pages instead of
"changed line X from: to:" ?

I mean, I had to look around a bit to identify what was the last
good version of the page (the guy apparently changed and saved
the page several times). I have once accidentally restored a "bad"
version of a page and saved, increasing the crappage on the
page's history.

I don't believe in locking pages with tons of usernames and
passwords (defeats the purpose of the wiki), so I think it's nice
to have sharp "restore" features in the wiki.

Also, if somebody else would see the crappage on the front page
and would attempt to restore it, maybe the "diff" view wouldn't
be too friendly. What you think?

[]'s
Fabio