[Pmwiki-users] Group/page descriptions
Sun Aug 17 12:29:37 CDT 2003
I found myself starting a lot of pages with "This page describes..."
Is there any mechanism for assigning a description to a page and/or a
group? (In addition to putting text in GroupHeader etc).
This mechanism could then be used to several ways:
* The list with pages that is the result of a search, could display the
page description just after the page name. This could make it easier to
find the relevant page.
* Avoid doing things twice when you refer to a page, for instance when
creating a list that will be used as a WikiTrail.
- A []-markup could be used to extract the page description, so that
you only would have to describe the page once.
* The search function could be used to produce a list of all pages
including their descriptions.
I'm pretty sure there are other advantages for being able to define an
attribute (?) such as this. (put the description in a <META
name="description" content="<description>">-field of the HTML-output
perhaps, thus helping search engines?)
Here's a suggested markup code:
* Defining the page description:
[[$PageDescription = <description>]]
* Accessing the page description:
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44 http://www.md.kth.se/~chr
More information about the pmwiki-users