[pmwiki] [Pmwiki-users] Webmenu, FlexLayout, and CSS.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 15 11:30:10 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 06:07:17PM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:

> Note that we should strictly separate standard wiki distributetd files
> from local customizations. In this case we need a /localpub

I'm not planning to place many standard wiki files in pub/ -- the only
files that will appear there as part of the standard distribution will
be pmwiki-50.gif and pmwiki-50.psd (the logo).  Other than that it'll be
an empty directory from the standard distribution perspective--available
for use by the local administrator.

Cookbook modules may load files into local/  or pub/, but that's up to
the Cookbook module authors.

> Would it be possible that there is a /local/pub from which the files
> may be accessed by the webserver?

I would suggest pub/local/ instead of local/pub/ -- makes the security
easier to handle.

However, site administrators (and cookbook module authors) can organize
local/ and pub/ however they wish.  The only files that will go in local/
as part of the standard distribution are the .htaccess and README files--
PmWiki will never store anything else there.  I'm still working on the
layout for the pub/ directory--for example, uploads/ may move into pub/
for new installations.