[Pmwiki-users] A (perhaps) small desire for track authorship:

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Thu Aug 14 07:40:43 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 09:54:24AM +0200, Bernhard.Weichel at t-online.de wrote:
> I have another hint/propsal/desired for "Track authorship":
>
> in wikipedia, the markup ~~~~ is replaced by a signature on *save time*.
>
> This allows in particular on discussion pages, to sign contributions
> very easily.

That's kinda cool.

We don't currently have any hooks into save-time actions, but you could
always create a local customization that overrides the HandlePost()
function to add such a hook, and then another local customization to
implement the above feature. Or you could do it as a single local
customization and say that this is the-one-and-only-one-thing that will
happen at save time. But somehow I think that will open the pandora's
box of N > 1 save-time actions.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff