[pmwiki] Re: [Pmwiki-users] discussion on line breaks

Robin robin
Sun Aug 10 18:20:39 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 03:01:33PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Here's a bizarre idea that I'm only lukewarm about but will throw into
> the discussion mix anyway: How about having a special paragraph markup
> that means "I want a new paragraph within the current block element
> at the same level".  I'll use "+" here as an example, but it could
> probably be something else.
I would be forced to worship you like a hero if you were to introduce
something to do this. I was looking for a way to do it yesterday, and
gave up with a not very good compromise. (I was actually surprised that
* A bullet point[[<<]]
More text on the same bullet point.

didn't work, only:
* A bullet point[[<<]]More text on the same bullet point.

did work. It seems to break the general ignore-linebreak trend (which I
am used to and love as though it were my own from writing a lot of
LaTeX:) Of course, I guess you can take it to the same extremes, due to
the not guarenteed unique markup that LaTeX has (i.e. you can do the
equivalent of:
* bullet 1 * bullet 2 * bullet 3
as LaTeX uses \item))

cya,
--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663