[Pmwiki-users] adding form elements (external search boxes) to a page?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Aug 5 14:21:59 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:57:53PM -0500, Matt Vance wrote:
> Is it possible to add text input boxes and other form elements within a
> page in PMWiki?  I would like to recreate the functionality of the
> following page using PMWiki, but I'm not sure how to add the search boxes
> or if it's even possible:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~matt.vance/

Sure, it's possible--you'd just define some custom markup to do it.
Here's an example for Google (added to local.php):

  $InlineReplacements['/\\[\\[\\$Google\\]\\]/'] =
    "<form method='get' action='http://www.google.com/search'>
      <input type='text' name='q' size='25'>";

Then, anywhere you want a Google search box, you just put [[$Google]]
in the markup.  I've temporarily implemented this at
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/SandBox if you want to see
it at work.