[Pmwiki-users] WikiWord with an apostrophe in the middle

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Aug 1 22:30:32 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 10:04:47PM -0500, Aimee Mostella wrote:

>    Hello,
>

>    I'm  trying  to  make  a  WikiWord  out of the following phrase but am
>    having trouble with the apostrophe in the middle.

Alas, there's not a way to put apostrophes in titles (they're bad for
filenames, strings, pattern matches, and various other reasons).

About the best you could do is [[DontQuit Don't Quit]], which will
have "DontQuit" for the title but display as "Don't Quit" in the text...

Sorry!  Maybe someday I'll figure out a way to include apostrophes... :-)

On the other hand, I was thinking earlier today that perhaps it would
be useful to modify the free links code so that special characters are
stripped out to produce page titles.  Thus {{Don't quit}} would display
as "Don't quit" but would link to a page called DontQuit.  This might
also be helpful for other languages that use apostrophes quite frequently
(e.g., French).