[Pmwiki-users] http references with : in the link

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Sun Apr 13 02:54:14 CDT 2003

On 13 Apr 2003, John Rankin wrote:

> A difference: The standard configuration thiswiki.php expects
> ThisWiki:/Group/Page, whereas the local version of
>      $LinkPatterns["\\bThisWiki:($UrlPathPattern)"] =
>        "<a href='$ScriptUrl/\$1'>\$0</a>";
> expects ThisWiki:Group/Page (ie no / after :). Which markup is
> the preferred one? I assume I should follow thiswiki.php.

Tell me which you prefer and I'll set thiswiki.php to match.  I think
for scripts/thiswiki.php I chose to not include the slash in the replacement
pattern (i.e., requiring the author to include a slash) because the
canonical usage for ThisWiki: was for query string parameters (e.g.,
ThisWiki:?action=crypt).  But I didn't have a strong opinion about it
and I'd be willing to switch.

> A confused administrator:
> I tried doing
>      $LinkPatterns["\\bThisWiki:($UrlPathPattern)"] =
>        "<a class='thiswiki' href='$ScriptUrl/\$1'>\$0</a>";
> but the resulting html omits the class='thiswiki' bit. So either I'm
> doing something stupid, have missed something obvious or there is
> something going on that I don't understand...

Hmm, that's odd.  Do you happen to have a "ThisWiki" entry in localmap.txt,
local/localmap.txt, or scripts/intermap.txt somewhere?  That entry would
replace your custom LinkPattern value with the InterMap one.

If that's not it, then it may have something to do with the order in which
entries are being added to $LinkPatterns (the order is somewhat significant).
But unless you're doing some really odd stuff I'd be surprised if that's
the cause of the problem.  I might need to see more of the local.php to
figure out what's going on.