[Pmwiki-users] http references with : in the link

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Apr 8 16:33:11 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, 8 April 2003 1:25 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at sci.tamucc.=
edu> wrote:
The problem wasn't the ':' itself, it was the embedding of an InterMap =
entry
(Wikipedia:Help) within a URL.  InterMap entries were being processed befor=
URLs--for 0.4.8 I just changed the order in which the entries are =
processed.

Pm

Thank you.
I have been wondering if it would be possible to have a set of variables =
for formatting URLs similar to the 3 for formatting wiki links. This would =
make it easier for me to do 2 things:
- cause links to other web sites to render differently, eg with an <a =
class=3D'www'...> that changes the colour
- change how such links render on a Printable Version to make visible the =
URL of [[...]] markup

A complicating factor is the ThisPage/Group/Wiki: markup, which I'd really =
like not to treat as a reference to an external site.

A second is where the URL is behind an image, as this doesn't need the =
alternate rendering, but does need the URL to be spelled out in the =
printable version.

I have been testing some extra DoubleBracket statements and am tying =
myself in knots trying to deal with all the different cases. I think there =
may be 6 cases:

  plain old URL (author wrote http://...)
  plain This... (author wrote This...)
  [[url text]]
  [[url image]]
  [[This... text]]
  [[This... image]]

Non-This intermap links would be treated as URLs. [[url]] is a special =
case of [[url text]].

The complicating factor is handling This... references differently. The =
encyclopedia does a lot of [[ThisGroup:Page#name name]] markup and =
particularly on the Printable Version I'd like to avoid spelling out a url =
every time. Although I would like to spell out the Page#name...

Am I missing something smart and simple here?

Does anybody else have a need for this?

JR