[Pmwiki-users] File upload feature discussion

Davis, James C. jdavis at cob.tamucc.edu
Mon Nov 18 17:40:34 CST 2002

To me, things such as pdf files, powerpoint, excel, etc. should not be
considered part of the wiki system because they are all displayed in a
separate program or plugin for the browser. For this reason, maybe they
should not be part of the wiki upload feature.

I think that it might be a good idea to think of images and other files as
two different things. While they are both files, images are part of page
content, but other files are not. They are linked to from a page, but not
part of the page itself. Maybe there should be two separate systems?

I am just pushing this because I think everyone should be able to upload
images. They are just as much a part of a page (and just as important) as
text. As a wiki administrator, I don't want to have to give people special
access just to use images (that are stored internally).

James Davis
Network Manager
College of Business
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi