[Pmwiki-users] Restore feature

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Sun Nov 17 23:11:45 CST 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Isabelle Michaud wrote:

> I think the "Restore" link/button should be between each box, as opposed
> to inside each box.  Clicking on it should:
> - reverse the page to how it was at that time, between those two updates.
> - display the wiki page updated.

I don't want clicking the link to automatically cause the page to
revert to the previous version, because then webcrawlers and robots
traversing a PmWiki site will activate the "Restore" links and all
sorts of chaos would ensue.  :-)  Thus there needs to be an edit step
(or some other form-based submission) prior to the restore actually
occurring.

Rather than "Restore", how about having the link say something like
"Edit this version"?  But even that phrasing is a bit misleading,
since by editing that version you'd also be replacing the current page...

Thanks to everyone for commenting on this--I'm pretty convinced the
links need to go between revisions and I'm still dithering on the exact
wording that should be used.