[pmwiki-users-de] problem with äöü

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 6 17:03:12 CST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:51:51PM +0100, Stephan Strecker wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    i switched my wiki to a new server and now it doesn't work. Sites with
>    a:,o:,u: aren't available. The browser changes a:o:u:.
>
>    Anyone an idea what  I can do ?

Ouch, sounds like your new server isn't supporting the de_DE locale
or doesn't understand that the umlaut characters are letters.

Assuming you're using XLPage('de', 'PmWikiDe.XLPage') in your
configuration, you might see if changing the "Locale" setting in
the XLPage improves things -- some servers use different identifiers
(although "de_DE" ought to be fairly standard).

If you're not already using XLPage, then you might try that and
see if it fixes things.

If you can provide us with a url to the server, we might be able
to provide more advice.

Pm