[Pmwiki-users-de] Re: [pmwiki-users] Word wrap problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 19 10:42:49 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 03:28:35PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> For those browsers most of the gui edit buttons are useless anyway.
> To make a "remove indents" button work on all the text by default if
> none is highlighted seems to me a bit counterintuitive, even
> dangerous. To highlight text first, all or part of it, and then use
> the button, seems safer and more intuitive. Maybe we can ignore
> browsers which can't handle highlighted text?

Assuming we can identify them, perhaps.

At any rate, I very much like the way that the wordwrap solution
worked out on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Main/SampleNoWrap.  It produces
a clean display that "makes sense", and it's pretty clear to the
author what is happening and how it can be fixed.

It also allows us to easily see that the text is somehow "different"
from its surrounding text -- in this case the monospace text represents
quotes/replies from a different person.  Simply stripping the leading
whitespace would lose that information, where I think an editor should
probably decide how the text should be marked up to keep the
distinctions clear (e.g., with a wikistyle or other markup).

Pm