[pmwiki-devel] SkinTest page for developers

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Sep 2 13:00:58 CDT 2016

On 2016-08-31 22:10, H. Fox wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
>> Your SkinTestAssortment page is a good start in that direction
>> (thanks!), so
>> for the moment I linked to it from the SkinsHeader page.
>
> Would it be even easier to have a separate page like Skins/SkinTest
> that includes the Compact page?

There is no problem if a selected compact set of markups is included as
a first section.

> What about links in the list that are:
>
> * Old skins that are broken?

If I'm a webmaster I'd like to see that the skin is broken before
downloading it.

> * Skins that aren't installed?

They should be installed (when I find the free time to review them),
unless if I notice some security issues, or blatant spam, or something
else that should not be in a recipe.

> * Links that aren't skins at all?

When we split the Cookbook group to the Skins group, people insisted
that not only skins, but any and all recipes related to skins should be
there, and moved these non-skin, but skin-related recipes from the
Cookbook to Skins. Indeed, this now makes it more complex to create an
automatic list of links. But there are several ways to do it: either add
a negative name= parameter to the pagelist like
    (:pagelist group=Skins name=-NeitherASkin,-NorASkin:)

or, use a negative keyword inside the non-skin recipes, e.g.  (:comment
not_a_skin:) then subtract these pages with a negative search like
    (:pagelist group=Skins -not_a_skin:)

or add the [[!Skins]] category to actual skins, and only to them, and
use
   (:pagelist group=Skins link=Category.Skins:)

There may be other ways to do this.

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog