[pmwiki-devel] How to upload a php file to the Cookbook

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Fri Jul 24 14:00:19 CDT 2015

Michael - Thanks for telling me about ToggleEdit. Between Toggle, ToggleEdit, and AddToggle, there's something for everyone.

My concern about AddToggle is that editors may not understand the generated markup, since it starts as a markup expression and ends as a div. OTOH, given the way I do toggle links, I prefer to have only one place to specify link text for both show and hide states, so the text doesn’t t get out of sync. I also like having less markup on the page when there are lots of toggles. E.G. I’ve created a FAQ page with visible questions and hidden answers this way. I suspect many editors don’t understand the toggle directive markup anyway, so I don’t know how much confusion my method adds.

If anyone with more experience than I thinks mixing a markup expression with a directive in the source is not worth the confusion it causes to editors, I’d like to hear about it.

Randy