[pmwiki-devel] Pmwiki.com search working?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun May 18 06:08:32 CDT 2014

Interesting. I spent the last two hours trying to find the reason, without
success.

All pagelist/search functions seem to return the correct results (it is a
large list of 2400+ pages), correctly formatted with templates applied and
HTML correctly formed. The resulting half a megabyte of HTML output is then
correctly stored into the $KPV array to avoid further markup processing. But
in the end, it is not correctly recovered from the $KPV array.

Other searches returning many pages behave the same way: "marku", "mark up",
"when"...

OTOH, changing the pagelist template to a simpler one displays correctly,
for example search for "markup fmt=#bygroup" which is about the same as the
default format but doesn't open all pages to extract the {=$:Summary} page
text variable. Or "markup fmt=#simplename"

First thing that came to mind was that this could be some memory-related
problem but the wiki reports peak memory usage less than half of what can be
allocated.

On my own wikis I cannot replicate such a problem: on the second largest
wiki after pmwiki.org I manage, searching for "a" or "/" returns 2700+ pages
without problems (and that wiki has lower memory limits than pmwiki.org).

So, this is currently unresolved, but there are workarounds:
1. use a simpler pagelist template, eg. "search terms fmt=#bygroup"
2. limit your search to the groups you want to search, eg.
   "search terms group=PmWiki,Cookbook"

Petko