[pmwiki-devel] preg_replace /e depreciated in php 5.5

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 07:52:00 CDT 2013

There are thousands of person-hours involved in the coding of PmWiki core,
not to mention the extensions.
Rewriting PmWiki in another language means all of that coding testing and
debugging has to be replicated.
In order to get around one bug.

Python may be a good learning language, but if you want a real language you
should use Lisp!
Or Scheme.

Or Perl, since it's more similar to PHP. I'm not sure if PM has any
experience with Perl, though.

(THAT IS A JOKE)

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com