[pmwiki-devel] preg_replace /e depreciated in php 5.5

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Jun 4 12:59:08 CDT 2013

This is bad, bad news.

The PmWiki Markup engine relies heavily on the /e modifier. Even if we
manage to fix the core, this will break almost any and all recipes.

Unless we find a way to automatically convert the replacement PHP code into
an anonymous function. How much more secure it will be?!?

I'd like to read some ideas and suggestions from the community.

Petko