[pmwiki-devel] $UploadNameChars

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu May 24 00:43:42 CDT 2012

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 20:08:19 Simon wrote:
> As PmWiki generates the URLs should it not escape the characters as part of
> the generation?

You can get the pre-release from subversion and test it:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Subversion

Only scripts/upload.php changed from 2.2.38. Only the (:attachlist:) markup
should be expected to work, other recipes dealing with uploads may use their
own ways.

However, if you can, I strongly recommend to get rid of the additional
characters in your filenames, because of many potential conflicts. See
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#UploadNameChars

Unfortunately I don't have enough resources to fix unsupported stuff when,
not if, something else breaks because of the unsupported filenames. (The
additional characters, even if they appear to work now, are still not
recommended.)

Petko