[pmwiki-devel] Conditionals and skin templates

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Fri Apr 29 17:10:48 CDT 2011

I have a skin that includes a page, as follows:

<!--wiki:MyPage-->

MyPage contains among other things a conditional wrapped around a pagelist. I do that in the hope that the pagelist will only execute if the conditional is true (since the pagelist slows page loading).

If the conditional is false, or if I comment out the pagelist on the page, I get the same correct output: no list of pages. But the page seems to load faster when the pagelist is commented out than when the conditional is false.

I'm wondering if the pagelist is executing in case the conditional turns out to be true.

If so, is there is a way to make a pagelist that only executes conditionally in this situation?

Randy