[pmwiki-devel] multi-file recipes and version tracking

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 07:20:01 CDT 2011

Don't think we got a "standard".
Whatever works best for you I'd say.

If you refer to Cookbook.UserAdmin:
I'd say either bundle all 3 files into one zip file
(more work for you, but a single RecipeInfo), or split
the page into 3 cookbook pages (easier for you, but a user needs to
download from at least 2 locations, and the documentation is spread
out). The latter may not be a bad thing, and download links for all 3
scripts can be on the core page for instance.

As to naming: I always use the working file name. I keep back copies
on my machine. That is simple enough for me, and very convenient for
a user, who does not need to rename the downloaded file. And it gives
less clutter in the uploads/cookbook/ directory. The attachment list
is already rather lengthy.

Hanss