[pmwiki-devel] cannot establish a session

Farhad Khan farhad.khan at grype.ca
Fri Sep 17 16:26:09 CDT 2010

Thanks guys! It was indeed the cookie setting in php.ini. Appreciate your
help. The cookie setting needs to be changed from the default php 5.3.3
configuration in FC 13.

I added the following in my config.php as per Petko's comments,
ini_set('session.use_cookies', 1);
ini_set('session.use_only_cookies', 1);
ini_set('session.gc_maxlifetime', 1440);

Farhad

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Rogutės Sparnuotos
<rogutes at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Farhad Khan (2010-09-05 10:46):
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I took out config.php; wiki stills asks for
> password
> > every time. You can try it at http://lab.grype.ca/wiki - it's a fresh
> > install so no user/pass authentication.
> >
> > Here's my php.ini attached.
>
> Your php.ini file contains
>  session.use_cookies = 0
> which means that cookies aren't used for sessions. If you'd change it to
>  session.use_cookies = 1
> sessions should work again.
>
> Moreover, this setting looks suspicious (unless it is unused in Fedora):
>  session.gc_maxlifetime = 1
>
> And this is supposed to be 0 nowadays:
>   session.use_trans_sid = 1
>
> --