[pmwiki-devel] regex in markup question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat May 22 13:21:04 CDT 2010

Saturday, May 22, 2010, 4:20:02 PM, John wrote:

> Is there a reason you have to evaluate this <split?
> Can the rule wait until after single newlines have
> been joined to form a block

I was trying to catch blocks of tunes written in abc notation,
without having to surround each tune with a start and end markup.
And the text blocks should not receive any markup treatment.

I have since found that the following works, using  a <:vspace>
instead of the second \n:

 Markup('X:abc', '>[=','/\n(X:\\s*\\d+\\s*\n.*?)\n<:vspace>/se',
    "PreserveAbcText(PSS('$1'))");

<:vspace> and <vspace> is a bit of a mystery to me, as to when what
gets applied in the markup process, but my new markup seems to work.

Hans