[pmwiki-devel] Different edit times in $page

Daniel Roesler diafygi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:01:51 CDT 2010

Howdy all,

I've been studying the array returned by RetrieveAuthPage(), which I
usually call $page. The diff keys in the array are formatted like
"diff:2222222222:1111111111:minor", where the first timestamp is the
edit time and the second timestamp is the previous edit time, right?

I've been using this definition to trace back the entire history of a
page for creating a list of edits. Isn't this also how pmwiki restores
a page to a previous version?

What's interesting is that I've come across some diff keys that don't
follow that definition. Sometimes the second timestamp doesn't point
to the previous edit, it just points to some other time. This can also
happen with the "time" key.

For example, here are the diff keys for a page.
time=7777779999
diff:7777777777:6666666666:
diff:6666666666:5555555555:minor
diff:5555555555:4444444999:
diff:4444444444:3333333333:
diff:3333333333:2222222222:minor
diff:2222222222:1111111111:
diff:1111111111:1111111111:

Notice how the "time" key doesn't match the most recent diff entry.
Also notice how the previous entry time on the 5th edit doesn't point
to the 4th edit time.

Has anyone else experienced this? What could be causing the problem?
Would editing in different timezones cause problems on timestamps?

Anyway, here's an actual example from one of my pages:
ctime=1212963757
time=1267759222
diff:1267759222:1262414637:
diff:1262414637:1262412494:
diff:1262412494:1262411794:
diff:1262411794:1212964592:
diff:1212963757:1212963757:

Notice how the next to oldest edit doesn't point to the creation (oldest) edit.

Avast!
Daniel Roesler
diafygi at gmail.com