[pmwiki-devel] crypt problem on WAMP

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Jun 4 12:29:08 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
> On Friday 04 June 2010 14:23:28, Peter Bowers wrote :
> Hello. I discovered that PHP 5.3 builds for Windows have buggy crypt()
> function, notably, passwords needed to be at least 4 characters. See
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01141
>
> If you use a longer password, does it work correctly?

Sure enough (as per Petko), if I change "abc" to "abcd" then
everything is fine. :-(

Similarly (as per Dominique) if I change back to PHP 5.2.11 then "abc"
works just fine. :-(  But 5.3.0, 5.3.1, and 5.3.2 all gave me the
error under windows.

The problem does not appear to occur on linux platforms (as per Eemeli).

I've looked around unsuccessfully to find an existing bug report and,
in its absence, have reported it here:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51996

If I've missed any details or something else that will be important to
getting it fixed, please comment there.

-Peter