[pmwiki-devel] Preventing Embedded Markup Expressions

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Jul 4 09:43:26 CDT 2010

On 7/4/2010 8:55 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> Or you can have two header sections, one called from the page and containing
> {*$Title}, the other called from the pagelist and containing {=$Title}.
> This could be much easier to do than writing custom functions in order to use
> the same section. It could also allow blog listing (pagelist) headers to be
> different from page headers: for example someone could prefer a much
> simpler/thinner listing of many entries than the head section of the full blog
> entry.
Except in this case (and others) the skin has the same header for both
formats -- hence the use of a common-header. I actually decided that in
this case the benefit of using a common section was not that great after
the development period, and so just scrapped the common header, and
copied the section to the relevant template.

> Anyways, there is often more than one way to do things. :-)
True -- and sometimes you just need to talk things through, or even just
write them down to see another way.