[pmwiki-devel] Preventing Embedded Markup Expressions

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jul 3 16:56:49 CDT 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 23:29:15, DaveG wrote :
>    (:includesection "#common-blog-head title='{(bi_encode {*$Title})}'
> entrydate='{*$:entrydate}' entrytags='{(bi_encode {*$:entrytags})}'
> entryauthor='{(bi_encode {*$:entryauthor})}' listformat=false ":)

Wow. I hope that this is in a template, and not spread across ordinary wiki
pages edited by normal bloggers. :-)

Also, maybe you just don't need to send include variables title='...'
entrytags='...' and use {$$title} and {$$entrytags} in the included section:
use directly {*$Title} and {*$:entrytags} which will be read from the current
page.

> 1] Is there a way to disable embedded markup expression handling in
> selected cases?

If your markup expression is always the most internal one, I think you can use
$params instead of $args as in your "implode(' ', $args)".

> 2] It seems to me that I may simply be approaching this the wrong way.
> I'm quoting the includesection parameters, which is causing the problem.
> Is there an alternate way to use includesection?

If you require such complex includes (and the tip above cannot help), you may
want to define in PHP your own custom markup like (:blogit-common-header:)
which will call IncludeText() with all variables.

Thanks,
Petko