[pmwiki-devel] How to properly read a PTV in a function

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Jan 18 11:45:02 CST 2010

Sorry, my last email contained the wrong sample code. Here is the correct sample code

I am working on a recipe that provides the user with a directive that selects a page text variable found on a specified page. Unfortunately, I'm finding that if the PTV contains a link whose target is {$FullName}, the link appends "FullName" to the target. For example

on Main.MyPage:

MyPTV: [[{$FullName}?action=...etc.

The directive mistakenly gives me a link to a page named "Main.MyPageFullName" as if I had written

[[{$FullName}FullName?action=...etc.

Why does this transformation happen? How can I prevent it?

Randy