[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 15:20:54 CST 2010

Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 9:10:20 PM, Petko wrote:

> So yes, you may have to either unset all cached PTVs after saving the file and
> they will be re-cached, or update the cached values.

I think updating is kinder, since the PTV cache would not need to be
recreated from file.

It is just two lines more in the code:
one for modified PTVs, one for additional new PTVs

It still leaves a problem for the case when a text replace
wipes a PTV, but I think this is rather rare and can be ignored,
for the sake of not needing to recreating the PTV cache.

Hans