[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 14:49:55 CST 2010

Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:33:11 PM, Petko wrote:

> Hans, do you experience a non-Fox "Preview PTV, pagelist templates and
> included sections" problem with the latest stable release?

Sorry, I have not looked into preview & ptvs.
So I was hasty saying it may be the same problem.
The problem I experience when using Fox to update PTVs is this:

When a PTV 'var' gets updated and the page redisplayed with
HandleBrowse() instead of Redirect(), although the new value
is saved to file the old value still displays with {$:var}

This made it necessary to reload the page, or use Redirect(),
in order to see the new value.

I experience this using Fox, but other ways of updating PTVs
may well have the same problem.

I am most concerned to find a solution for Fox, but there may well be
a more generic one.

Hans