[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 14:21:54 CST 2010

Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 7:36:31 PM, adam wrote:

> is this at all related to the problem i was experiencing here (my
> problem is announced in blue after the intial pits claim): http://
> pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01098 ?
> we discovered it wasn't fox, but a pmwiki problem - but i'm using
> fox, so maybe now fox will do the internal maintenance that pmwiki
> should be doing?

I suppose it is the same problem.

I just thought of a different way to solve this for Fox's ptv
updating:
Instead of clearing the PmWiki PCache of ptv entries,
Fox will update the PTV value in $PCache when it updates the value in
the text. Seems more logical and less work, since the PTVs
do not need to be read from file afresh.

I put this solution into the next update of fox.php

Hans