[pmwiki-devel] Updating PTVs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 03:21:52 CST 2010

When a PTV 'var' gets updated and the page redisplayed with
HandleBrowse() instead of Redirect(), although the new value
is saved to file the old value still displays with {$:var}

This made it necessary to reload the page, or use Redirect(),
in order to see the new value.

To circumvent this I have modified Fox now so that the PTVs in
the page cache get cleared at the end of Fox's processes.
Now PTVs show with the updated values, and redirect is not needed.
This has also the benefit that Fox can show relevant messages.

Are there any disadvantages doing it this way?

I think the subjec thas been discussed before, but I do not recall it.
So apologies if I missed something vital.

Hans