[pmwiki-devel] Group Christian

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 06:39:49 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:49, V.Krishn <vkrishn at insteps.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 19 Aug 2010 8:23:59 pm Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>> >
>> > +1
>>
>> As a general rule I've always allowed people to set up custom
>> personal groups on pmwiki.org -- this is just an example of that.
>>
>> If we need to change that policy, we can discuss it.  One option
>> might be to set up a separate wiki to hold personal pages...
>> but that involved maintaining a separate wiki.  :-(
>
> Just a thought.
> I have been hosting pmwiki modules on free hosting sites for quite sometime
> without problem except occasionally some hosting providers stop the free
> service.
> Since PmWiki has its own VPS is would be great if it provides ftp accounts or
> some kind of web-based FTP to developers. The account could be under
> sub-domain like <user>.pmwiki.org.
> Other option would be pointing DNS record of <user>.pmwiki.org to
> requested NS or IP.
>
> Generally allowing personal pages using <user>.pmwiki.org or pmwiki.org/<user>
> would be a good idea. I would suggest a sign-up form and some kind of admin
> interface that even allows to install/uninstall modules/skins available on
> pmwiki and even chose pmwiki version.
> Also this feature could possibly generate revenue for pmwiki by placing ads on
> these pages. Not limited but there are other commercial possibilities too.
>
> --
> Regards.
> V.Krishn
>

>> Pm

BTW, this could also be a smart way for cookbook recipe writer to
demonstrate their large scale creations. I was thinking there on blog
related recipes or at a larger extend, ones involving either large or
specifically crafted sets of wiki pages.

Anyway this also would imply a rather increasing sys-admin work, that
I fear the actual team (Pm, Petko,...) couldn't necessarily spend as
requested.

--
Dominique