[pmwiki-devel] Creating a page text variable in a recipe

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 03:58:11 CDT 2009

Monday, September 28, 2009, 9:18:16 AM, Simon wrote:

> Its not clear to me if a PTV or a PV is more appropriate.

> My recipe has markup such as this: (delimited by ||: and :|| )

> ||:
> Text[Chords] etc
> {directives}
> {title:Song Sung Blue}
> {subtitle:Neil Diamond}
> {album:Hot August Night}
> {start_of_chorus}
> [C]Song sung [F]blue
> {end_of_chorus}
> etc
> :||

Will you be using more than one of such 'song' markups on the page?

If it is just one song per page I could suggest some ways to use
the data as page text variables.

If you want to allow several per page we need someway to index each
and use of PTVs are not possible. We could still define page variables
though.

Hans