[pmwiki-devel] PIT dead ?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 08:06:30 CDT 2009

Thursday, June 18, 2009, 1:41:30 PM, Jan wrote:

>> For PITS/01046, you can probably use the following recipe :
>>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract
>>
> I checked it out - but it doesn't solve my issue anyway. I didn't want
> any input form. I want to define a search which is done on page load and
> the results displayed as they were part of the currently viewed page
> including processing of markup. That doesn't work with the TextExtract
> although the markup=on option told me it will.

You don't need to use a search input form with TextExtract.
You can use it as a markup expression.
The option markup=on works only for include-all regex . pattern,
If one would allow regex patterns and active markup the results can
be highly irregular, as for instance ending markup may be not
included.

TextExtract is not useful to mine pages for whole markup blocks, as
it processes text content line by line.

Hans